Mar 24 2010
OK, now that the liberals have tipped their hand everyone can step back and assess this first step in remaking America. What we saw was bribes and kickbacks using taxpayer money to get this reeking carcass across the finish line. Exemptions for some states, exemptions for special interests (unions), forced purchasing of products (which is a forced bribe for insurance execs ready to make a killing and retire), airport funds, hospital funds, funds, funds funds.
And in return premiums will sky rocket to cover the new mandates, huge government infrastructure will be put in place to ration care when the money gets tight, and the IRS will charged to ensure this proper behavior is followed by the masses.
And that folks is the bottom line here. What liberals did was create the myth of mass victimhood which could only be fixed if Americans gave up their freedom of choice and succumbed to the IRS to decide if they were acting properly. Cries to help false victims turns to loss of self determination monitored by IRS.
Get used to this behavioral control. We have been on this slippery slope for some time now, and the future controls we will be asked to accept will be far more reaching. Under Cap & Tax we begin to give up choices in small luxuries. Boats and campers will become too expensive. Large cars will become too expensive, trips by airline, single user cars…
The victim is planet earth, and we are going to be asked to give up endless access to energy (all we can afford right now) to save the planet. And the IRS will right there watching us.
Where will it end? Will we give up more free speech for those sensitive victims who crumble at a crude joke or a publicly spoken prayer? Will we give up the right to buy a high calorie, fast food meal in order to not over use the now common-shared health care dollars? Will we be told no more large screen, high powered gaming systems to save power and stop cluttering land fills? Will we be forced to give up personal transportation (except bicycles)?
Americans are rightly upset with the madness now taking hold in DC. We could have helped those supposed victims many ways without allowing the IRS to tax and monitor us for our own good. When we go months and no one is seeing any substantive change (like we did with the failed stimulus bill), I think America will be more than ready to pull the plug on this mess.
Liberals forget one important thing about politics – if you promise miracles you better come through. Here are 2o things people are not aware will happen now, which will eliminate the celebrations. For example:
2. You are young and healthy and want to pay for insurance that reflects that status? Tough. Youâ€™ll have to pay for premiums that cover not only you, but also the guy who smokes three packs a day, drink a gallon of whiskey and eats chicken fat off the floor. Thatâ€™s because insurance companies will no longer be able to underwrite on the basis of a personâ€™s health status. (Section 2701).
3. You would like to pay less in premiums by buying insurance with lifetime or annual limits on coverage? Tough. Health insurers will no longer be able to offer such policies, even if that is what customers prefer. (Section 2711).
6. You must buy a policy that covers ambulatory patient services, emergency services, hospitalization, maternity and newborn care, mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment; prescription drugs; rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices; laboratory services; preventive and wellness services; chronic disease management; and pediatric services, including oral and vision care.
Youâ€™re a single guy without children? Tough, your policy must cover pediatric services. Youâ€™re a woman who canâ€™t have children? Tough, your policy must cover maternity services. Youâ€™re a teetotaler? Tough, your policy must cover substance abuse treatment. (Add your own violation of personal freedom here.) (Section 1302).
10. You are an employer who offers health flexible spending arrangements and your employees want to deduct more than $2,500 from their salaries for it? Sorry, canâ€™t do that. (Section 9005 (i)).
11. If you are a physician and you donâ€™t want the government looking over your shoulder? Tough. The Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to use your claims data to issue you reports that measure the resources you use, provide information on the quality of care you provide, and compare the resources you use to those used by other physicians. Of course, this will all be just for informational purposes. Itâ€™s not like the government will ever use it to intervene in your practice and patientsâ€™ care. Of course not. (Section 3003 (i))
Some warning signs for the Dems f0r this fall:
Barbara Boxer in CA is now polling well below 50% and is statistically tied with all her GOP challengers.
Fly over country is turning bright, angry red
The States are rising up, and they have the constitutional power to undo anything Congress does if two thirds decide to join forces. More than two thirds are right now passing laws to strike down Obamacare’s core issue, mandated insurance. The pieces are set for a national convention to trim DC way back.