Mar 23 2011
It seems the world is learning what it means to institute military action under the umbrella of the “international community”, as opposed to the tried and true American-led coalitions we have seen for the last three decades. President Obama’s naive and lazy approach to this entire debacle has underlined why some real leadership experience is not just a ‘nice to have’. Especially in a President.
As I noted yesterday, the entire endeavor was not only ill conceived, but illegal. The UN violated its charter, and Obama violated the US Constitution.
Some may not know it, but this is not the first time Emperor Obama has discarded the rule of law to flex his limp muscles. He has also initiated an assassination order against a US citizen without bothering with a trial and verdict. Thus Emporer Obama has declared himself judge, jury and executioner (via Executive Order) of a US Citizen who has clearly become a traitor. The target is so clearly a traitor it would seem only laziness bars Emperor Obama from upholding the constitution, obtaining a guilty verdict on treason and sedition – and then ordering the hit.
Or is it truly another sign of the depth of which Obama is in over his head?
The headlines today are looking horrible for Obama. Just look at the top bullets in this one UK Article:
- Who’s in charge? Germans pull forces out of NATO as Libyan coalition falls apart
- # Tensions with Britain as Gates rebukes UK government over suggestion Gaddafi could be assassinated
- # French propose a new political ‘committee’ to oversee operations
- # Germany pulls equipment out of NATO coalition over disagreement over campaign’s direction
- # Italians accuse French of backing NATO in exchange for oil contracts
- # No-fly zone called into question after first wave of strikes ‘neutralises’ Libyan military machine
- # U.K. ministers say war could last ’30 years’
- # Italy to ‘take back control’ of bases used by allies unless NATO leadership put in charge of the mission
- # Russians tell U.S. to stop bombing in order to protect civilians – calls bombing a ‘crusade’
Goodness, if this had been a war against a strong enemy we would be at risk of losing outright.
Even worse, word started spreading that the rebel strongholds we are protecting where also the source of Jihadi fighters sent to Iraq and Afghanistan to kill our people and terrorize the locals. Is the incompetence so deep here that the Three Amigos (Sarkozy, Cameron and Obama) did not know who they were providing Humanitarian Aid to?
I really hate to say this, but this much digression from the rule of law begs for an impeachment process. It needs to happen at least through the House stage – the investigative/indictment stage.
A serious line has been crossed here. There is no way to avoid facing the fact we need to go through the process of determining whether the President has the freedom to bypass the procedures in the Constitution at a whim or not. Emperor Obama’s acts are now so egregious and obvious he demands the nation to call his bluff.
Lack of action now means surrendering our country. This debacle is the best example of unchecked power we have seen in recent memory. If we want checks on the powerful so they cannot use all us normal folks as pawns and cannon fodder, now is the time, the event, to take a stand.
Update: Yep, we are now aligned with Al Qaeda’s goals. We have hit an all new level of FUBAR!