Jun 18 2014
Scanning the headlines it is clear our federal government is pretty much dysfunctional in many, many areas. For example, look at this list of our government at work:
- IRS “loses” emails over the critical period in Tea Party targeting investigation
- The Veterans Administration has been caught destroying evidence of its hiding the fact wait lines for veterans needing medical help are actually killing those in need.
- Our premature pull out in Iraq has resulted in terrorists being poised to take over that critical country
- Obamacare screw ups continue to plague the nation while making things worse in terms of enhancing medical care and costs
- The humanitarian mess on our borders
- Not to mention Libya, Benghazi, Afghanistan, Jobs, etc
But not to worry, DC was able to do get one thing done this week:
The United States Patent and Trademark Office has canceled the Washington Redskins trademark registration, calling the football team’s name “disparaging to Native Americans.”
The landmark case, which appeared before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, was filed on behalf of five Native Americans.
Out of all those millions of people being hurt or killed by the incompetence by our federal government, it is nice to see these 5 people where able to over turn the desires of thousands of Redskin fans.’