Jul 22 2005

London Under Siege Again?

Published by at 9:48 am under All General Discussions,UK Bombings

More breaking news out of London. We posted earlier on the shooting, hoping it was truly a bad guy. Apparently it was.

Eyewitnesses described mayhem at Stockwell Tube station today after a suspected suicide bomber was shot dead fleeing from armed police.

One said the man was shot five times as he ran on to a Northern line train soon after 10am.

Scotland Yard have confirmed they shot a man and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

They have also started to close off parts of the Underground – again. The story by witnesses is harrowing

Mr Whitby said he was sitting on the Tube train reading his paper as it was stationary with its doors open in Stockwell station.

He said he heard people shouting “Get down, get down!”

He said: “An Asian guy ran on to the train. As he ran, he was hotly pursued by what I knew to be three plain-clothes police officers.”

He tripped and was also pushed to the floor and one of the officers shot him five times.

“One of the police officers was holding a black automatic pistol in his left hand. They held it down to him and unloaded five shots into him. I saw it.

He said that as he was helping an elderly woman off the train, another 10 to 15 police officers with pistols and sub-machine guns ran on.

When he got up to the ticket hall, he was offered counselling by police and Tube staff.

“I’m totally distraught,” he said. “It was no more than five yards away from where I was sitting as I saw it with my own eyes.”

He continued: “As the man got on the train I looked at his face. He looked from left to right, but he basically looked like a cornered rabbit, like a cornered fox.

“He looked absolutely petrified.

“He sort of tripped but they were hotly pursuing him and couldn’t have been more than two or three feet behind him at this time.

“He half-tripped, was half-pushed to the floor.

“The policeman nearest to me had the black automatic pistol in his left hand, he held it down to the guy and unloaded five shots into him.

“He looked like a Pakistani but he had a baseball cap on, and quite a thickish coat.

“It was a coat like you would wear in winter, a sort of padded jacket.

Chris Wells, a 28-year-old company manager, said he was travelling on the Victoria line towards Vauxhall when he left the train at Stockwell.

He saw about 20 police officers, some of them armed, rushing into the station before a man jumped over the barriers with police giving chase.

He said: “There were at least 20 of them (officers) and they were carrying big black guns.

“The next thing I saw was this guy jump over the barriers and the police officers were chasing after him and everyone was just shouting ‘Get out, get out”‘.

In related events, a group is now taking credit for yesterdays botched attack

DUBAI, July 22 (Reuters) – A group claiming links to al Qaeda said on Friday it was behind the latest attack on London, warning it would not halt its strikes until foreign forces quit Iraq, according to an Internet statement.

“Our attack in the heart of the infidel British capital is nothing but a message to all European governments that we will not rest until all the infidel troops leave Iraq,” said the statement by the Abu Hafs al-Masri Brigades dated July 22.

“This is a warning to all those who follow the policies of the president of infidel America,” it added, referring to U.S. President George W. Bush.

I have only one thing to say to Rueters, we all know who the president of infidel America is – and the majority of us stand by him in our infidel way.

UPDATE 12:30 PM Eastern:

Hat Tip to Mark Coffey on this update. It appears the man shot was a suspect in yesterdays botched attempts and may have been wearing a bomb belt

Spokesman Inayat Bunglawala said: “There may well be reasons why the police felt it necessary to unload five shots into the man and shoot him dead, but they need to make those reasons clear.

“It’s vital the police give a statement about what occurred and explain why the man was shot dead.”

Another passenger on the train, Anthony Larkin, told BBC News the man appeared to be wearing a “bomb belt with wires coming out”.

And of course a Muslim group reacts in a totally idiotic way to these events. Do they distance themselves from the bomber?

The Muslim Council of Britain said Muslims were concerned about a possible “shoot to kill” policy.

Some of us are concerned about the Islamo-Fascists’ bomb to kill policy…..

Hint, hint, nudge, nudge. Know what I mean???

Comments Off

Comments are closed.