Nov 19 2010
If the Congress needs to raise the debt ceiling then there will be a price to be paid for government not operating within its means. None of the GFY 11 budgets are in place so we have the perfect leverage at this time. I would tie the debt ceiling to:
(1) Cancel all the unspent funds left in the Stimulus Bill
(2) Permanently extending all the current tax rates (no need to call them Bush’s tax cuts, they are OUR current tax rates).
(3) Freezing Obamacare for 4 years until we figure out what it really is doing to us – now that we can read the law the Dems passed.
(4) Put all discretionary funding back to 2006 levels.
(5) Establish a panel to go through each element of government and determine what we can live without, what can be privatized and what can be moved to the states.
If the government needs to pile up more debt, then they have to make some serious commitments to We The People.